Fantastic Plastic

A menagerie of the miniature works that keep my fragile mind sane and my nimble fingers nimble - welcome to the gallery of my perpetual childhood! Now remember, its not about the kits or subjects. Its about the story behind each and every one of them. Enjoy!

13.11.12

Ups and downs. And up again.

Some time since the last share. And its about time I got back!

Its been a busy time. Now I am actually working at a place where I am actually surrounded by what I love, and I am honestly happy to be doing what I am doing right now. Here's to making this last!

I finished this Tamiya 1/48 Sea Harrier last September, after having constructed and painted it in under two weeks of purchase. Many would comment how unbelievably fast that is, but I think they're missing the point of having fun with a hobby. I do 30 minutes an evening, walk the dog when waiting for paint to dry, and totally, completely unwind. This it a great feeling, letting go of everything pressing during the day and just totally doing something focused and fun. And it is fun, putting plastic airplanes together. Especially great looking plastic planes.

I first saw the Tamiya 1/48 Sea Harrier in the 80s at Nova Fontana in Greenhills, and it was the bee's knees then. Building it today, I have to admit it really is a child of the 80s, like me. Glad to acknowledge that some things, despite dated engineering, still come up looking sharp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home