Fantastic Plastic

A menagerie of the miniature works that keep my fragile mind sane and my nimble fingers nimble - welcome to the gallery of my perpetual childhood! Now remember, its not about the kits or subjects. Its about the story behind each and every one of them. Enjoy!

30.3.09

Phabulous


The F-4 Phantom has, and always will be, a favorite of mine. The bent-wing, bent-tailed, gas-guzzling dump truck that poses as an interceptor may not be pretty, but you have to admit if an aircraft ever got pumped up full of steroids and testosterone, this would be it.

My first Phantom kit would probably be the old 72nd Matchbox kit (I think I posted about that a few years back). Then my mom sent me this massive box with 5 Revell F-4Es - the old Thunderbirds set, back in the 70s. Oh what joy - the dogfights we had then. Then I remember one of my favorite uncles getting a 48th scale  one. Yes, they come in bigger sizes. 

This is a tribute to all those Phantoms of the past. The Italeri F-4J, done as the CAG bird of VF-102 "Diamondbacks" circa 1968. Along with another Italeri J, done as a "Tomcatter" of VF-31, they were all part of a nice club display involving Phantoms we did to celebrate its 50th year. 

Keep on building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home