Fantastic Plastic

A menagerie of the miniature works that keep my fragile mind sane and my nimble fingers nimble - welcome to the gallery of my perpetual childhood! Now remember, its not about the kits or subjects. Its about the story behind each and every one of them. Enjoy!

3.7.07

The Sundowner

What is it with me and Navy aircraft nowadays? Upon seeing the Diamondbacks on display at the recent Aussie airshow, I can't get enough of gull gray aircraft with colorful markings. Anything with either a CAG or double nuts for numbers. Good heavens, does this mean I have found a niche?

I am currently undergoing a US Navy plane phase. It didn't start this year though. Last Christmas a good friend in IPMS gave me a present. The Hasegawa 1/72 F-8E Crusader in VF-111 markings, circa 1966. Having seen the plane in "Dogfights" action (courtesy of the History Channel), I was very pleased that this came around when it did, and it did come out rather pretty. Face it, shark-mouths work.

But its all about the story behind it, as this blog goes. This is another story of how giving is better than recieving. Simon really wanted that other kit, and I was more than happy to give it to him. Looketh what generosity hath wrought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home