Fantastic Plastic

A menagerie of the miniature works that keep my fragile mind sane and my nimble fingers nimble - welcome to the gallery of my perpetual childhood! Now remember, its not about the kits or subjects. Its about the story behind each and every one of them. Enjoy!

20.5.06

Do you remember love?

Needless to say, I didn't! But with a brother's recent visit to us, my wife and I were introduced to Macross, the original Japanese version, all over again. I thought the old 80s series by Harmony Gold was cool. That was until I saw everything again in Japanese with subtitles: it was incredible! The story, the music, everything was fantastic. Hollywood or the USA can not match this epic. And seeing the movie, "Do You Remember Love?" capped it all.

But the real treat was finding out Hasegawa (yes! THAT Hasegawa!) produced all the VF-1s, VF-19s and VF-0s from all the beautiful Macross series throughout the year in 1/72 scale! And the passion comes full circle, the story complete. And I can't get enough of it. Oddly enough, my wife loves it even more!

2 Comments:

At 12:03 pm, Blogger judgefob said...

Awesome! Haven't seen a good anime in ages. Anything to recommend?

 
At 9:28 pm, Blogger Gino said...

I wouldn't be a good recommender - since I haven't seen much! Best to ask Gani! (That man has too much time on his hands! or DVD player...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home