Fantastic Plastic

A menagerie of the miniature works that keep my fragile mind sane and my nimble fingers nimble - welcome to the gallery of my perpetual childhood! Now remember, its not about the kits or subjects. Its about the story behind each and every one of them. Enjoy!

14.5.06

So the yellow wings mean...?

The Matchbox 1/72 SB2C Helldiver. One of the most ungainly, portly looking aircraft to ever take the air. Historically, one of the most insignificant planes to land on a carrier. It wasn't fast. It wasn't well armed. It didn't participate in any battles. Nor did the British, inheriting the planes intended for the French, actually do anything with them. And when I bought the kit (for again, P20 from SM Cubao in 1985), all my brothers asked was: "And you're gonna dogfight us with that?" Who cares. It was a pretty plane. Silver and yellow, a bit of blue. And that was when I really started building models for real. Not because of how well it would do against a pretend enemy airforce.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 am, Blogger judgefob said...

Didn't realize biplanes looked so cool! Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home