Fantastic Plastic

A menagerie of the miniature works that keep my fragile mind sane and my nimble fingers nimble - welcome to the gallery of my perpetual childhood! Now remember, its not about the kits or subjects. Its about the story behind each and every one of them. Enjoy!

29.4.06

The Survivor

Now this kit is one of the oldest I have surviving. And it is now here with me in Melbourne, after over 15 years. This kit first came to my attention when I bought it in Makati's old Nova Fontana. It was the old Tamiya kit, the one with the four paratroopers (which had the worst possible molding, but the best box artwork!). It was a work of passion, this Stug. It was the chunkiest, blockiest, bulkiest piece of armour, yet it looked mean and lean. With the help of my Uncle Rommel (ironic!), the airbrush was put to good use in doing the camo scheme. I had yet to learn about seamlines and zimmeritt, so you'll forgive me if it doesn't look right. But hey, it was 1989. I thought I had left this back in Manila to collect more dust for weathering, but an opportunity presented itself for me to stuff it in a shoebox to bring with me to migrate. And though I built better Stugs from Dragon, this will still be an old favorite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home