Fantastic Plastic

A menagerie of the miniature works that keep my fragile mind sane and my nimble fingers nimble - welcome to the gallery of my perpetual childhood! Now remember, its not about the kits or subjects. Its about the story behind each and every one of them. Enjoy!

28.4.06

Climb every mountain

Sometime in 1997, I read a bit about the bloody battles the British and the Japanese fought in Burma in 1944, namely at Imphal and Kohima. One of the notes I really got into was finding out that the British used outdated M3 Lee/Grant tanks and brought them up all the way to the top of Mount Kohima. It was the highest altitude that tanks were used in combat. And for me, that was something. I could imagine these lumbering (and tall for a tank!) brutes climbing steep mountain roads blasting bunkers left and right. I got the old Tamiya M3 Lee kit from Lil's in Megamall, shortly after leaving Basic. So this means this kit is a bit of the my return to modelling. And this also marked the first time I did weathering and used Gunze paints!

1 Comments:

At 1:05 pm, Blogger judgefob said...

How'd the gunze sangyo paints work out? I tried using an undercoat of tamiya water based acrylic while and then a basecoat of gunze russian green on top. It was a catastrophe. the paint curdled in front of my eyes. I tried this on a DML JSU-152.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home