Fantastic Plastic

A menagerie of the miniature works that keep my fragile mind sane and my nimble fingers nimble - welcome to the gallery of my perpetual childhood! Now remember, its not about the kits or subjects. Its about the story behind each and every one of them. Enjoy!

17.11.05

The Balrog

Sometime in my youth, when my three other brothers and I still fought wars over our beds with miniature armies, we all feared who would come out with the most modern battle tank that would rule over all the plastic armies of the bedsheets. Of course I had a massive 1/72 air force that can't be beat. It was only after we outgrew compiling all possible models into legions (and squadrons) that we started building models to see who could do the best - paint jobs, weathering and all.

But when we grew up, we all feared an imaginary tank one brother, Inigo, laid claim on. The British Challenger MBT. It was more fearsome than an M1 Abrams (I don't know why), and it was certainly impressive. One day I vowed to build a beast.

Cut to 20 years later, and the Challenger II was released by Trumpeter, in a version that invaded Iraq in 2003. And thus we see Bea's Balrog built.

But may I ask my brother, what happened to Bea?

1 Comments:

At 10:49 am, Blogger juned said...

You cannot pass!
I am the servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor!
Go back to the shadow. The Dark Fire will not avail you,
Flame of Udun! YOU… SHALL NOT... PASS!!!

I just could not help myself :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home