Fantastic Plastic

A menagerie of the miniature works that keep my fragile mind sane and my nimble fingers nimble - welcome to the gallery of my perpetual childhood! Now remember, its not about the kits or subjects. Its about the story behind each and every one of them. Enjoy!

28.4.06

Rumanian Emil

This is the second Matchbox 1/72 Messerschmitt 109E that I've built. The very first one was inspired; back in 1982, I was dared by a classmate (Glenn Imbang I think) to do a model over the weekend. And did a kit I did. Saving up a measly P20 for a short trip to SM Shoemart Cubao, where stacks of the classic Matchbox kits were to be found. I have to admit, though it took me 24 hours to build AND paint, a pretty JG27 plane in desert camouflage was the result.

In 2002, after a trip to the swap meet, I dared myself to do it again. And here we are! But now, I did the Rumanian option. By the way, that's my wife's hair as a radio wire! Thanks hon!

1 Comments:

At 11:46 pm, Blogger Nitin said...

Good write up
www.velocitysoftwares.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home