Fantastic Plastic

A menagerie of the miniature works that keep my fragile mind sane and my nimble fingers nimble - welcome to the gallery of my perpetual childhood! Now remember, its not about the kits or subjects. Its about the story behind each and every one of them. Enjoy!

16.8.07

Fascination



Ever since seeing bright red F/A-18 Super Hornets in VFA-102 "Diamondbacks" CAG colors in the last Australian airshow, I have been on a Navy plane binge. Phantoms, Hornets, Orions, Crusaders, Tomcats, Corsairs, Prowlers... did I say Phantoms? Being a fan of the new re-imagined Battlestar Galactica series hasn't helped either. Its been a gull grey, hi-viz kaleidoscope since, a plethora of dull highlighted by red, black, yellow and double nuts. At the rate I am going, I am probably going to have a Carrier air group ready in a few months, and needing the space to display it all. I'll probably start doing what carriers do; start folding wings, hang things off edge and maybe send a few of the birds up on CAP and get that Alert 5 bird on the catapult.

So here is the latest addition to the air group. Hasegawa's F/A-18 Super Hornet in Lo-viz markings of VFA-103 "Jolly Rogers" and Revell's P-3C Orion (re-boxed Hasegawa) Update III in VP-30 out of NAS Jacksonville, FL. Both in 1/72 scale and finished around the same time (there was a warm day that freakily hit Melbourne in the middle of winter.) (It helps airbrushing.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home